Euroscience Open Forum (ESOF) is a biennial pan-European scientific meeting staged to provide an interdisciplinary forum for open debate and discussion on the role and future of scientific research, education and innovation.
The ESOF meeting has taken place every second year in a major European city since 2004. ESOF 2014 will take place from the 21st to the 26th of June 2014 in Copenhagen with up to 5,000 delegates. To capture the essence of ESOF, the 2014 edition will be entitled ‘Science Building Bridges’. The bridge is a symbol of the vision of ESOF 2014: closing the distance between science and society, while forging a European scientific integration.
ESOF 2014 will:
• emphasize public debate, collective reasoning and reflection as intrinsic to the democratic community.
• promote awareness of European science and engage the scientific community in Europe and globally.
• honour the expectations of the various ESOF delegates by offering inspiring conference formats and state-of-the-art sessions addressing major global issues, e.g. health, resource management, and green economy.
• increase the level of integration between the different target audiences – scientists, politicians, journalists, students and the public.
All elements in the Copenhagen conference concept are part of an overall move towards a tighter integration of science, innovation communication and public engagement.
Field of science
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call