The lack of ICT platforms based on open standards is regarded as one of the most significant market barriers to the creation of new care & assistance paradigms with global interconnection and interworking. UNCAP delivers an interoperable platform based on open industrial standards that leverages on existing technologies for biosensing, indoor/outdoor localisation and home-automation. The result is an open source, scalable and privacy-savvy ecosystem compatible with existing Personal Health Record systems, that can deliver novel services that can help aging people (incl. those with cognitive impairments) live independently and with dignity.
To do so, UNCAP uses state-of-art physical/cognitive assessment tools together with technologies to locate objects, devices and users within indoor/outdoor spaces, to continuously monitor–in a non-invasive way- users and to assist them in case alert conditions are detected.
In practice, UNCAP develops a product suite for formal and informal care environments made of: 1) the UNCAP BOX (an Android consumer device connected to TVs); 2) the UNCAP App for both users and caregivers; 3) the UNCAP CLOUD, delivering scalable care services; 4) the UNCAP certification suite, to help software and hardware manufacturers assess compliancy with standards.
UNCAP will be assessed for 12 months in 14 pilots within real operational scenarios.
Pilots will be located in rehabilitation centres, daily nursing facilities etc. and will involve 750+ users and 220 caregivers. Users’ physical & cognitive assessment will be carried on before and after the introduction of UNCAP to extract quantifiable metrics to assess its impact in terms of quality of care services and improved quality of life of users and caregivers.
Lastly, UNCA will carry on a RoI analysis (both financial & social), an analysis of best practices of innovative organisational/business models as well as financing/procurement models for health & care service delivery at EU level.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental biotechnologybiosensing
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorsbiosensors
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesecologyecosystems
- social sciencessociologyindustrial relationsautomation
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinephysiotherapy
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencesnursing
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringautomation and control systemshome automation
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
SG1 3HR Stevenage
265 04 Rio
223 63 Lund
430155 Baia Mare
ML3 8PX Hamilton
455300 Simleu Silvaniei
435100 Baia Sprie Maramures