The approach of the 5-Alive project will be to use an innovative mix of community and industrial support to produce the essential material and to perform an intensive communications programme. The project proposes to establish effective processes to capture, synopsise and present frequent news updates on the activities of the European 5G initiative and ensure their widespread dissemination. The project involves a number of key industrial players, who are active in lead roles in both the ETP and the Association, and are contributing manpower to the project activities at their own cost, to ensure the investment is shared between industry and the EC. Thus the funding model of this proposal is a true reflection of the stakeholder interests in and commitments to the European 5G-Infrastructure-PPP.
The main 5-Alive project objectives are:
• Produce an updated roadmap for the holistic network perspective (including 5G) via the NetWorld2020 ETP,
• Actively promote and position the European 5G Initiatives as part of the leading global initiatives,
• Stimulate the involvement of the European ICT community and consumer sectors as drivers of evolution,
• Facilitate the 5G-Infrastructure-Association production of strategies for later phases of the 5G-PPP,
• Conduct a first exercise on mapping the 5G-PPP KPIs to the research challenges to determine which topics will directly contribute to obtaining the foreseen infrastructure performance/feature improvements.
The project will run for one year to boost the 5G activities in the short-term in advance of the kick-off of 5G project related activities and to position the 5G PPP initiative as “the” European initiative in the 5G domain at global level.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/wireless/5g
- /engineering and technology/mechanical engineering/vehicle engineering/aerospace engineering/satellite technology
- /humanities/arts/modern and contemporary art/film
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action