This proposal brings together research teams from the EU (Germany, Italy, and Austria) and the Ukraine (Kyiv, Donezk) in the area of applied mathematics with emphasis on medical and life science applications.
The goal is joint research in six research tasks concerning the study of mathematical methods for Magnetic Particle Imaging; entropy-like measures and quantification of system complexity; coarse-grain modelling for (bio)polymers; diagnostic tools for cardiac surgery; regularization methods for causality detection; meta-learning approach to Nocturnal Hypoglycemia prediction. Each such task will incorporate 24 months of research secondments (18 to the EU, 6 to UA).
Four project events (one per year), each including a scientific workshop, a training school and public outreach activities, are planned to be held in the Ukraine involving a total of 27 secondment months.
Senior scientists from Ukraine will have 15 secondment months targeted – apart from scientific and management work - at discussing issues how their institutions should develop in a restructuring of the Ukrainian research landscape.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/mathematics/applied mathematics/numerical analysis
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/pathology
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data analysis
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/endocrinology/diabetes
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/classical mechanics/fluid mechanics/fluid dynamics
- /medical and health sciences/clinical medicine/surgery
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/big data
- /engineering and technology/medical engineering/diagnostic imaging/magnetic resonance imaging
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biochemistry/biomolecules/proteins/enzymes
- /medical and health sciences/medical biotechnology/tissue engineering
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call