GrowSmarter aims to:
• Improve the quality of life for European citizens by better mobility, housing and the quality of urban infrastructure while improving the citizens economy by lower energy costs and creating as much as 1500 new jobs (on the demonstration level).
• Reduce the environmental impact by lower energy needs by 60 % and increased use of renewable energy thus reducing GHG emissions even more.
• Create sustainable economic development by demonstrating and preparing a wider rollout of smart solutions.
GrowSmarter will demonstrate at 3 lighthouse cities 12 smart, integrated solutions as a way of preparing for a wider market rollout. These solutions are integrated in specially chosen sites making demonstration easy to reach and take part of for the 5 follower cities and other European and international study groups. All the smart solutions are fit into the Lighthouse-cities strategic development plans and the follower cities replication plans.
The solutions solve common urban challenges such as:
• Renewal of existing buildings. GrowSmarter demonstrates the cost efficient renewal of 100.000 square meters of Nearly Zero or low energy districts reducing energy demand by 70-90%,
• Integrated infrastructures for ICT, street lighting, smart grids district heating and smarter waste handling
• Sustainable urban mobility for both passenger and gods integrated in smart grids, biofuels from household waste thus reducing local air quality emissions by 60%.
The integration of Cities, strong group of industrial partners together and quality research organisations guarantee that the solutions will be both validated by independent research organisations and transformed into Smart Business Solutions by industry for the wider rollout to Europe.
Growsmarter builds on integrated, close to the market solutions, to form business models for their wider deployment by the industrial partners. The project will help Europe GrowSmarter!
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringwaste management
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringurban engineeringsmart cities
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
MRS 1917 Marsa
4049 001 Porto
171 09 Stockholm
115 77 Stockholm
112 74 Stockholm
08328 Alella Barcelona
08908 L'hospitalet De Llobregat (Barcelona)