The objective of IMIS is to develop an integrated data management system for use in industrial control systems in a wide range of application domains with real-time and high dependability requirements.
The approach will be to:
- Identify the requirements of data management for industrial systems in a wide range of application domains.
- Identify missing functionalities and the design techniques needed to implement them. An enhanced version of the O2 Engine object server (provided by the partner O2 Technology) will be used as a data management support tool, with a data control language defined and implemented on top of it.
- Design and implement the information management flow aspects.
- Implement an application manager to act as the interface between the object server and the monitoring applications. This will be a flexible front-end with interactive facilities.
- For validation purposes, implement a demonstrator based on a power distribution system.
BA4 5QE Shepton Mallet
G12 8LT Glasgow