This fellowship will provide a prolific researcher with an internationally competitive, multi-disciplinary research training at the Chemistry/Biology interface in an EU leading Bioinorganic chemistry team, preparing her to obtain her goal of a faculty position in the EU and her own research team in Medicinal Chemistry.
She will develop novel anti-Alzheimer conjugates that target multiple disease's hallmarks. Afterwards she will evaluate their in vitro therapeutic and diagnostic potential through a secondment with cell biologists in another EU country, the United Kingdom.
This research will pave the way towards the development of innovative and effective anti-Alzheimer drugs by using versatile drug combination approaches to fight this horrible and still incurable disease.
Alongside her research she will also acquire research management, leadership, presentation and teaching skills to prepare her for a successful future as an independent research group leader.
Field of science
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/medicinal chemistry
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/inorganic chemistry/bioinorganic chemistry
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/neurology/alzheimer
- /natural sciences/biological sciences/biochemistry/biomolecules/proteins/protein folding
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/inorganic chemistry/inorganic compounds
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call