Mobile positioning data can increase our understanding of movements in society and for businesses it helps map the locations of its customers. In an industry worth $11 billion in a few short years, there are few competitors. Positium positions itself between the client and mobile network operator to analyze Big Data of mobile phone locations, providing clients with faster and more cost-effective analysis based on a large population rather than a sample.
There are multiple domains where such data is directly relevant. The objective of the business plan is to conduct domain-specific market research, assess the requirements for development of the technology and specify the business model for Positium Data Mediator – a product to extract, process and deliver the insights from mobile big data to users globally. At current stage, Positium Data Mediator works in Estonia in domains like urban planning, transportation planning, geo-marketing, tourism statistics. Positium is transforming from a global market leader in its home market to a global player in multiple markets in the EU and emerging countries.
The business plan will be vital to narrow down the focus for expansion and determine strategies to pick the low-hanging fruit. In the business plan, the selection of domains, geographical regions and development requirements will be investigated using surveys and interviews among potential customers, market research and financial calculations. The outcome of the business plan is a recommendation on the geographic expansion, business model and the need for technology development, and a business plan.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/mobile phone
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/big data
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture/horticulture/fruit
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call