"The general objective of the proposed project is to develop “COGEM CPV”, an innovative heatspreader to be taken in the context of High Concentration Photovoltaic (HCPV) technology, through the adoption of new materials, particularly ceramics, that allow a reduction of energy production costs of about 25%, and an improvement on the performance at least of 3%.
In particular, the innovative system, through the use of the new components / materials / technologies, will achieve the reduction of production costs — due to the elimination of some components and some assembly process; the improvement of performance — due to the reduction in cell operating temperature. The objective of Solergy, through the proposed innovation, is to introduce a new approach to HCPV resolving common issues and enabling HCPV to take its rightful place as the solar technology of choice for sunny regions. “COGEM CPV"" could be consider the world’s first field upgradeable, 40+ year lifetime High Concentration Photovoltaic (HCPV) system."
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsfossil energynatural gas
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicselectrical conductivitysemiconductor
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringceramics
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectrical engineeringelectric energy
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsrenewable energysolar energy
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectrical engineeringpower engineeringelectric power generation
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call