ECCSEL aims at gaining recognition as a world-class research infrastructure based within leading European Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) institutions and knowledge centres. It will be due for registration in 2015, forming a legal entity allocating efforts and resources to selected scientific and technological aspects of the CCS chain.
ECCSEL will enable high-ranking researchers and scientists from all regions of Europe (and from third countries) to access state-of-the-art research facilities to conduct advanced technological research actions relevant to CCS.
The proposed project aims to :
• implement ECCSEL as a not-for-profit organisation consistent with the European Research Infrastructure Consortium legal framework ;
• initiate operations of ECCSEL as a world-class CCS research infrastructure in accordance with the principles developed during the preparatory phase;
• develop the research infrastructure to an upgraded common standard in terms of quality of services, management and access provision;
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringcarbon capture engineering
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicssustainable economy
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesatmospheric sciencesclimatologyclimatic changes
- natural scienceschemical sciencesinorganic chemistryinorganic compounds
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
SN2 1FL Swindon