The objective of DINAS-DQS is to apply CNMA in an SME environment to support a distributed quality-control system.
The approach will be to:
- define and develop a distributed quality system to collect, manage, store and process all quality data continuously
- develop quality-control application software to give warnings of sudden changes in the production process on the shop-floor
- identify and define the networking requirements needed by SMEs to support the distributed quality-control system
- evaluate the performance of existing CNMA tools and methods in a relevant SME
- establish a CNMA-based communication network which is capable of handling the range, volume and complexity of data involved in all quality-control functions.
The consortium will define and present guidelines for implementing CNMA applications in SMEs. Pilot demonstrations and evaluations are foreseen in a manufacturing environment which has two local area networks (LANs) connected to a metropolitan area network (MAN). Results will be incorporated in a distributed quality control system marketed by a vendor member of the consortium.