Periodic Reporting for period 1 - S-Gearbox (The Development of a »New« Planocentric Gearbox with a Closed Cage and S-gear Tooth Flank)
Reporting period: 2015-06-01 to 2015-10-31
However, initial stages of feasibility study showed that to truly take advantage of target industries in key markets of EU and outside, we need to offer even more advanced version of original S-Gearbox by integrating into it spatial-awareness encoder, integrated torque sensor for measuring of the current output torque and a self-aware condition monitoring system. We call this innovation S-Gearbox Ultra and it is what we focused on when preparing technical and economic feasibility study.
• Economic: assessing the size of our market, full product development strategy and marketing strategy, IP protection
• Technical: studying potential technological risks of S-Gearbox testing and validation in operational environment, providing information on best strategy to implement the technology and start production
• Environmental: assessing environmental impact of new technology during the product life cycle
In addition, we have gone beyond the plan by:
1. Starting development of embedded torque sensor system to detect interaction with humans/things and self-monitoring intelligent system
2. Building first version of S-Gearbox prototype with integrated absolute encoder
All this is summarized and incorporated into deliverable Feasibility study.
Feasibility study has shown Podkriznik is capable of bringing innovation to the market in the next 24-30 months (with some subcontracting help from research organisations) at estimated cost of around 1,5 million EUR.
This could lead to 16,6 million EUR of additional revenue for Podkrižnik and 20-30 new jobs created by 2022.