AURA (Advanced Uninterrupted RAdio) is a new concept of in-car radio that aims at replacing the in-dash AM/FM/DAB and Satellite radios worldwide.
AURA overcomes the limitations of the existing in-car radio technologies (mutual interference, limited number of stations, poor signal coverage in difficult environments, etc.) using a sophisticated combination of a buffering technology and a multicasting packetized data transfer as described in our Patent application.
AURA delivers high quality listening for a potentially unlimited number of radio stations, while ensuring a location-independent, interference-free and interruption-free experience, even under conditions of dropouts and outages in the wireless segment of the network, where other technologies cannot operate.
AURA is a highly scalable client-server technology because it uses a hybrid multicast system to optimize the bandwidth of the wireless segment of the network. The client connects to the server via a Digital Wireless Network to receive high quality audio, and may communicate its position in order to receive location-based services such as traffic data and geo-targeted adverts.
Current AURA prototype utilizes a PC as server and a smartphone as Client device.
AURA development is based on AvMap solid Know How in Software and Hardware design and will be brought to market through AvMap long-term relationship with carmakers and Telco companies: AvMap is Tier1 supplier of satellite navigation and connectivity systems for European and Global carmakers.
The outcome of Phase 1 will be a detailed feasibility study including costs’ assessment and economic viability obtained with the implementation of a larger scale prototype infrastructure involving a multitude of users and stakeholders.
AURA has the potential to become the next must-have equipment for car manufacturers in the European market. Moreover, AURA can generate more opportunities for other SMEs creating a Long Tail of radio contents and advertising.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/wireless
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/software
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/mobile phone
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/radio technology
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/radio technology/satellite radio
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call