The objective of ROBOFISH is to integrate the technologies of computer vision, robotics and decision processing for the automatic handling of fish. The robotic system will be used to align fish on heading or filleting machines, with inspection of the processed fish providing feedback control of the robot.
The approach will include:
- further development of intelligent end effectors to grasp the fish
- vision systems for labelling, size measurements, feature extraction and rejection of damaged fish or fish impossible to grasp
- verification of gripping performance
- design and construction of a robot able to withstand the harsh environment and capable of dealing with the demands to high payload and speed.
- distributed control systems to link the vision
The demonstration of a pilot system at the fish-processing plant of a partner is planned. The results will be incorporated in products marketed by vendor consortium members.
OX2 0DP Oxford
BS8 1TH Bristol