1. Improve the competitiveness of the EU industrial sector by reducing 20% energy costs in industrial water processes. (WP4)
A total reduction of 26 GWh/year will be achieved at the end of the project implementing energy efficiency measures in the European manufacturing companies.
2. Identify saving potentials and benchmark energy performance through an Energy Management Self-Assessment (EMSA) collaborative web-tool. (WP1 & WP2)
Manufacturing industries can anonymously introduce their data into the EMSA web-tool to know their ranking regarding other industries with the same processes.
3. Strengthen the energy saving market through the creation of an “Energy Angels” network: facilitating contacts with skilled energy managers and auditors and providing access to support for the implementation and financing of water energy efficiency projects. (WP3)
The energywater proposal will prepare the ground for investment facilitating information about potential savings and establishing a network of qualified providers (with technical and financial skill).
Furthermore the Energy Angels network will implement a training module to improve the availability of skilled energy managers and auditors in which at least 200 people will be trained.
4. Improve energy performance in industrial water processes through benchmarking activities and a best practice guide based on real experience case studies. (WP4)
Saving strategies identified in the EMSA web-tool will be implemented in manufacturing industries. The best energy saving strategies to manage industrial water processes will be compiled in a guidance document.
5. Influence energy efficiency regulation through public authorities’ involvement. (WP4)
In order to optimise energy efficiency in manufacturing industries both private and public stakeholders have to be aware of their role. We will make public authorities part of the energywater project with the objective to identify and remove regulatory and non-regulatory barr
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
171 21 Nea Smyrni
36030 Monte Di Malo
92210 Saint Cloud