The objective of Asalvo is to develop all the necessary stages to introduce in the market a bio-pesticide with a proved efficacy in different major pests affecting some of the most important cultures in the world. This bio-pesticide is able to replace the chemical pesticides that currently dominate on the market, providing a bio-product with improved environment and food safety features that avoids also the problems that legal restrictions on the use of chemicals are causing on farmers’ practices. The use of this product will provide farmers with effective and environment-friendly alternatives to cope with pests like aphids and trips even under more restricted environmental regulations. On the other hand, consumers would have healthier and safer food products available.
This bio-pesticide has been developed from a strain of Bacillus licheniformis, which is property of Symborg, who has started the patent process. It has a huge pest control capacity, especially for aphids, tryps and whiteflies, being highly innovative due to its multiple action level. Symborg is a technology-based SME, based in Murcia (south of Spain) and founded in 2009. Its main line of business is the design, development, production and marketing of bio-products, based on the functionality of microorganisms for use in highly-intensive and environment-friendly agriculture. This work is interactively done through the articulation of feedback from the marketing activity, direct experience gained in the production processes and the reactivity of his R&D&I department.
Symborg is a leader in agricultural biotechnology research, development and innovation. The company is dedicated to the development and commercialization of bio-fertilizers for use in intensive agricultural, while overcoming the challenges of environmental sustainability.
Field of science
- /agricultural sciences/agricultural biotechnology
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /engineering and technology/other engineering and technologies/food and beverages/food safety
- /engineering and technology/industrial biotechnology/biomaterials
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call