Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Smart Library (The Smart Digital Library of Edutainment by Smile and Learn)
Reporting period: 2016-04-01 to 2016-08-31
To solve these issues, we place technology at the service of education with the mission of helping children learn while having fun using digital devices. We have developed the Smart Library, a single platform that as of today allows access to up to 28 proprietary apps and provides feedback to parents/educators, being special needs’ friendly.
During phase I, our goals included:
1. Final integration of the Smart Library, including development of new apps.
2. Analysis of key markets of education/gaming apps for children.
3. On site test at home and at schools
1. Final integration of the Smart Library, including development of 8 new apps and update for older ones.
2. Market study based with +2,000 respondents in the USA, Germany, Italy and Spain with encouraging feedback: 56% of all respondents would probably subscribe.
3. Analysis of the main markets of education/gaming apps for children.
4. On site test at home and at schools with very good results:
a. +90% of pilot schools will continue using the Library and recommending it.
b. +3,000 installs in the app stores in 2 months with no marketing efforts.
We have confirmed the potential of the Smart Library: a great value proposition for schools/families, fast-growing demand and undifferentiated competition.
To date no player in our market has developed a reporting system much less any smart recommendation. Only in the pure education space is possible to find some emerging recommendation models.
The Smart Library is also inclusive and special needs friendly: we focus on children for who the offering today is marginal. Key features include:
- Proprietary, multi-format and customizable content in one single app:
- Mobile and multiplatform (iOS, Android, Windows and Mac).
- “Intelligent”: reports on the child’s activity and on the results of their activity, adding recommendations based on the analysis of the child’s performance and progress.