Our prime objective is to generate in excess of €22million profits for the participating companies by addressing a European need for the safe maintenance and inspection of power lines. Intel-Line is an intelligent automatic, inspection system using advanced ultrasonics and incorporating wireless transmission and energy harvesting to provide a ‘fit and forget’ condition monitoring and failure alarm system. In an industry worth €210Bn and employing 1.1 million the supply of energy is vital, and with over 2million Km of overhead cable in Europe, any failure or interruption of power can cause catastrophic damage to the surroundings and to the industrial infrastructure and output. Current inspection techniques are expensive, time consuming and hazardous. Intel-Line will enable maintenance to be scheduled, reducing unnecessary maintenance costs and unexpected breakdowns. This will increase the availability of the power lines reducing the downtime.
Nesne, a Turkish manufacturer of innovative electronic components is seeking investment of €2m in order to enhance and upgrade our current prototype system, scale up production, produce training materials and provide ‘in-service’ demonstrations to prospective clients. MCI will enhance the software/firmware and upgrade the signal processing, PI are a specialist NDT company who will use, market and distribute Intel-Line. BIC will augment our technology to rapidly progress to commercialisation.
Using Intel-Line could save EU Power line distributors in excess of €150 million/yr. End users of Intel-Line will see an ROI within 6 months. The project participants will cumulatively increase their turnover by in excess of €40 million creating at least 40 new jobs. Our ultimate ambition is for Intel-Line to be fitted to cables for new erections and retro fitted during cable repair and maintenance providing the ultimate fit and forget system to guarantee the electricity supply.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftware
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsignal processing
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringstructural engineeringstructural health monitoring
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectrical engineeringelectric energy
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraftrotorcraft
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsrenewable energysolar energy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
95610 Eragny Sur Oise