The project targets the incorporation of advanced functional materials to deliver customised conductive inks and flexible adhesives compatible with high volume manufacturing platforms. Specifically the development of these enabling materials will support high speed roll to roll integration of hybrid and large area electronics to address internet of things opportunities
The consortium will integrate materials development with end application requirements in terms of technical performance (thermal/electrical conductivity, processing conditions, materials integrity and adhesion) and unit cost of production to facilitate market adoption. The project will utilise and build on existing CPI pilot facilities (R2R print line) to demonstrate technology integration, manufacturability and produce components for end user evaluation to enable the direct comparison of production techniques.
The project delivers a supply chain to support future commercialisation: incorporating materials suppliers of inks and adhesives, supporting RTO in Formulation and nano-particle production, established high fidelity print equipment manufacturers, electronic device manufacturers, established pilot line facilities and potential end users from the apparel, packaging and healthcare sector – relating to the internet of things.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicselectrical conductivity
- engineering and technologynanotechnologynano-materialstwo-dimensional nanostructuresgraphene
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
TS21 3FG Cleveland
CA1 2TL Carlisle