"""Current day traditional locks, though proving hardy throughout the years, have simply come short when seeking to address problems and needs, especially on a large commercial wide-scale. This include multiple key management, losing of keys, non-keeping track of key copies and the different hands the keys end up in, specific personnel access control, and mechanically venerable locks susceptible to lock picking and jacking, among other issues.
Enter the Noke, a cylinder smart lock (Noke) that functions as a high security digital lock utilising smart Bluetooth technology, controlled through a mobile app connected to the cloud. It enables the convenient opening of locks without requiring physical keys, provides access control, thorough material/electronic security protection, and enables enterprise level tracking allowing adoption for mass commercial use.
The global Internet of Things market will grow to € 1.5T in 2020 from € 583B in 2014, with the global smart lock market will grow from € 234M today to € 3.2B by 2019 alone. As of current none of them are addressing commercial and industrial enterprise specifically. Armed with years of entrepreneurial experience in launching successful products (i.e ZAGGmate), and winning patented technology, the Noke is set to capitalize completely by introducing this state of the art smart device to the everyday storage-related business enterprise. The proposed work in Phase 1 of the SME instrument fits into the overall plan to reach market by contributing the financial resources needed to plan a fast sound wider deployment of the solution and its market uptake."""
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationsmobile phone
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicselectrical conductivitysemiconductor
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securityaccess control
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationsradio technologybluetooth
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call