Periodic Reporting for period 2 - MSO4SC (Mathematical Modelling, Simulation and Optimization for Societal Challenges with Scientific Computing)
Reporting period: 2017-12-01 to 2018-09-30
In order to achieve this mission, MSO4SC pursuits the following objectives:
• Objective 1: Develop technology to allow Math Application Development Frameworks (MADF) run on clouds and across Cloud and HPC simultaneously.
• Objective 2: Provide simple access to on demand cloud and HPC for MADFs
• Objective 3: Accelerate the take up of MADFs through a product marketplace and dissemination
• Objective 4: Demonstrate the validity of the tools, approach and sustainability with real-life scenarios
• Objective 5: Bring together different scientific communities
The MSO4SC infrastructure can be considered competitor of the well-know, US cloud Rescale, implying that Europe takes the steps with US in this modern technology resulting an excellent repository for many software that are worth for solving problems of the society. This is clearly demonstrated by the wide range of math end-user applications of the MSO4SC.