Periodic Reporting for period 1 - GREENBIOCATALYST (NEW GENERATION OF BIOCATALYSTS FOR THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY)
Reporting period: 2016-12-01 to 2017-05-31
Columbia Green Biocatalyst (Green BioCat) addresses the market requirements for a new Green Biocatalyst (Green BioCat) with better performance compared to current limited range of catalysts available. Additionally the Green Biocatalyst provides SMEs an opportunity for independence of supply from large multinational companies since Columbia SRL sales model is to supply the Columbia Green Biocatalyst (Green BioCat) and share the technology & process know-how to customers wishing to internalise the production of acrylamide.
Columbia has perceived the following market needs:
- A new Biocatalyst with better performance on the market.
- The will of small or medium-sized enterprises to make themselves independent from large multinational companies.
Columbia therefore is willing to provide:
- Its own biocatalyst for the production of acrylamide.
- The technology and process know-how to companies wishing to internalize the production of acrylamide.
- Research in the biochemical laboratory.
- Realization of the bio-fermentation pilot plant and synthesis pilot reactor.
- Issue of national Patent n. 102016000051247 (hereby attached); the application for the international level has already been filed.
- Acquisition of a new industrial unit in Sandrigo (Vicenza-Italy).
The Columbia SRL Green BioCat global patent has been granted with a TRL of 7.
Columbia SRL has now embarked on its pre-commercialization activity.
The activity concluded to date includes manufacturing of the bio fermentation pilot plant, the synthesis pilot reactor and acquisition of new industrial unit to construct the industrial manufacturing facility.
Our project is expected to have a positive potential impact on:
- Environment: strong reduction in CO2 emissions.
- Health & Safety: no toxic waste generated and no risks of explosion.
- Employment: creation of new job positions.
- Market: introduction of the GreenBiocat manufacturing on the European market.