Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Rhodoshop (Rhodoshop – a pilot programme to facilitate investment in energy efficiency by creation of One-Stop-Shop in Rhodope Region of Bulgaria.)
Reporting period: 2017-09-01 to 2019-02-28
The overall objectives for the project are to:
- Increase the capacities, skills and knowledge of Rhodope local authorities by creating of Rhodoshop, one-stop-shop for energy efficiency initiatives in the region based on the successful experience of GRE-Liege financial model RENOWATT. Rhodoshop will be a procurement agency, acting on behalf of public authorities that undertake energy retrofitting works in their own existing buildings and street lighting systems.
- Develop a pipeline of sustainable energy investment projects allowing for project aggregation and financing solutions minimising transaction costs;
- Come up with suitable financing solutions for realization of energy savings in Rhodope Region (EPC, Energy efficiency funds, bank loans, national funding sources, etc.).
- Launch concrete sustainable investment projects in Rhodope municipalities.
- Ensure long-term impacts of the Rhodoshop efforts after the life-time of the project by engaging in a dissemination programme within Bulgaria and within EU for project results multiplication.
• Legal set-up the Rhodoshop as a dedicated structure, part of ARM;
• Organize logistics of Rhodoshop accommodation – office premises and equipment;
• Organize staffing of Rhodoshop;
• Organize training of the selected staff
As a result the Rhodoshop one-stop-shop is fully operational with its staff trained and started implementing the foreseen investment project pipe-lines.
2. Operation of Rhodoshop:
• Selecting potential projects – pools of buildings and street lighting systems;
• Development of pipelines of sustainable energy investment projects through energy audits and feasibility studies;
• Investigation of possible financing sources and selection of most appropriate ones depending on project specifics.
• Research on TPF and ESCO market conditions;
• Setting up financing plans for the selected project;
As a result the overall table with investment projects has been developed, the project pipelines have been developed according to the stage of advancement, energy audits schemes have been realized, and contractor for technical and economic feasibility studies selected. For the first most advanced projects public tender notice have been published.
3. Monitoring the impact of Rhodoshop operation:
Continuous monitoring is being done through periodic update of the table with the summary of Rhodoshop investment and the list of projects in the pipelines.
4. Dissemination, communication and exploitation of results:
• Dissemination and exploitation strategy was prepared;
• Works on creation of a web-platform: an introduction to the project was placed at ARM web-site: http://www.arm-bg.net/rhodoshop/ and a brand new project web-site is being developed expected to be up and running by the end of April 2019;
• Production of promotional materials: logo and graphic charter were produced, and promotional package (leaflet electronic and printed, 500 copies in Bulgarian and 500 copies in English, and a bilingual roll-up in EN and BG) were elaborated and started being distributed during different events;
• Production of background information about the project (ppt presentations) was done with quotes about results and milestones;
• Participation in local/national and international events: Rhodoshop was presenetd at 9 national and international events in the period;