The HaSU project directly addresses the challenges inherent to design, fabricate, and experimentally demonstrate a new type of hydrophobic coating for the Next Generation Civil Tilt Rotor (NGCTR) windscreen. In HaSU, a durable surface coating on the windshield to shed water will be developed and qualified to maintain pilot's visibility without using wipers. More in details, the HaSU project aims at providing:
1. Design and development of a specimen of the NGCTR windscreen substrate having the requested hydrophobic functionalities and performance throughout the whole flight envelope (to be reached in the WP1).
2. Manufacturing of hydrophobic windscreen specimens (to be reached in the WP2).
3. Testing and qualification of proposed hydrophobic specimens according to RTCA DO-160 (Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment of proposed hydrophobic specimens (to be reached in the WP3).
The proposed technological solutions start at a TRL4 level and will make it possible to reach TRL6 at the end of the project.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesplasma physics
- natural scienceschemical sciencespolymer sciencespolyurethane
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcoating and films
- engineering and technologychemical engineering
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCS2-IA - Innovation action
See on map
See on map