BusUp is an innovative concept in smart mobility that allows travelers to book on-demand crowd-sourced buses for leisure and commuting.
Users are able to setup their own routes in the web-platform and app. They can share them with their friends and colleagues, or can make them public on the platform or social media for anybody join. BusUp is also available for B2B clients that want to create their own routes through a dedicated web platform.
BusUp was created to solve a need in medium-distance travel: commuting in suburban and exurban areas, or traveling to events like music festivals and sports events located in city peripheries or neighboring towns - essentially anywhere public transport is limited or non-existent, and where the car is the only option despite the fact that it’s more expensive, less sustainable, or simply no fun.
While on-demand bus transportation solutions are already growing in the United States and India, they are only now starting to emerge in the EU, and are limited by their technology and business models.
By employing proprietary artificial intelligent algorithms that determines optimal pick-up times, locations and vehicle routes, in combination with crowd-sourced payment modules, BusUp is able to offer one of the most innovative solutions in collective road transportation.
By using BusUp users will be contributing to the reduction of congestion and pollution, while joining a community of like-minded travelers who want to enjoy the ride.
Our current platform, BusUp 1.0 has been extensively tested with local bus operators and passengers in Barcelona for over 4 months and has already started to serve its first paying customers. BusUp has already reached a commercial agreement to internationalize and to operate in Sao Paulo (Brazil) in 2017.
Fields of science
- humanitiesartsmusicologypopular music studies
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwaresoftware development
- social sciencessocial geographytransportpublic transport
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringurban engineeringsmart cities
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness models
- H2020-EU.3.4. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Smart, Green And Integrated Transport
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call