Global marine shipping, which transports around 90% of world trade, emits around 1000 Mt of CO2 annually and is responsible for about 2.5% of global greenhouse gas emissions which is comparable to a major national economy such as the UK, Germany or South Korea. As seaborne trade is predicted to increase by 70% until 2030, and shipping emissions are predicted to increase between 50%-250%, innovation in technology is needed to reduce carbon footprint of vessels.
Aris Pump Ltd. developed H2MOVE, safe small foot-print hydrogen generator to be installed into engines of marine vessels to significantly improve performances, delivering 35% less air pollution, 30% better fuel efficiency and consequently 30% fuel cost saving with a safe hydrogen technology.
he feasibility assessment will concentrate on preparing a pilot in the segment of marine engine applications, improving the electrolysis technology and validating the scale-up strategy of the H2MOVE engine. Phase 1 will develop the IP management strategy for EU and worldwide commercialization, prepare financial projections and assess sale agreements on global scale. A key activity will be identifying and discussing commercial partnerships with selected marine engine manufacturers, to reach target users i.e. vessel owners or operators.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/fossil energy/gas
- /natural sciences/earth and related environmental sciences/environmental sciences/pollution
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/electrochemistry/electrolysis
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- H2020-EU.3.4. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Smart, Green And Integrated Transport
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call