European ICT companies developing hardware products are currently dealing with important challenges which affect to their competitiveness: high innovation costs and lack of financing, tight margins and brief life-cycles of their products, among others.
Companies, especially SMEs, find strong difficulties to get funding for their ICT hardware projects and current time-to-markets make impossible to be competitive against Asian and US companies.
Corporations that need customised hardware solutions for specific applications must usually adopt standard solutions which do not completely satisfy their specifications due to the high costs and technical difficulties of developing tailored products.
As a solution for said problems TNFG, a Spanish SME specialised in the development of high quality hardware solutions for the creation of electronic devices, has developed Rhomb.
Rhomb is a modular, multi architecture, miniaturised hardware development system with which makers, start-ups and technology based companies can create their own electronic devices with reduced investment requirements (50% less) and short time-to-market (1/3 of time) compared to current solutions.
Rhomb is aimed to become a new technological reference for the development of all kinds of electronic devices, entering a worldwide market of more than $ 1,000 billion.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftware
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcomputer hardwarecomputer processors
- social sciencespolitical sciencespolitical transitionsrevolutions
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economicsproductivity
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicssemiconductivity
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call