Dashboard is an early stage technology company formed to develop and market an automated remote monitoring solution for the collection and consolidation of near-real-time data from sensors in both remote and accessible locations. As a cleantech company Dashboard is rooted in the transformational power of data analytics, and through the knowledge and skills of our experienced team of hardware, programming and communications professionals, has developed Limpet, an alternative solution to monitoring pipelines for leaks and breaches.
The global pipeline industry has a growing problem with leak and breach detection, costing billions and causing long lasting and highly destructive environmental damage. Limpet is at the forefront of improving low cost oil and gas pipeline monitoring, limiting the economic and environmental impact of any leaks or breaches. The solution, through the utilisation of novel ultrasonic flow rate measurement and innovative collar design, offers vastly improved detection rates, cheaper installation and running costs per km, improved device lifecycle, retro-fitting capabilities and advanced cyber security of both the device and data. The result is a potential installation saving of $999,250 per km and a yearly saving of $16,800 per km.
This feasibility study is designed to verify the technical, market/commercial and financial feasibility of Limpet, cumulating in a detailed report that will contain an optimal design plan, skills analysis, IPR strategy, market/competitor report, financial model for commercialisation and risk analysis.
The commercialisation of Limpet, initially in the EU, will see the solution positioned as the market leading flow rate leak detection system for oil and gas pipelines. The primary target will be EU companies with existing or planned onshore, above-ground pipelines. By the 4th year of commercialisation we expect to generate revenues of €30m, have a team of 73, and have a leading position in the leak detection market.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsfossil energynatural gas
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesenvironmental sciencespollution
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsrenewable energy
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call