"L4MS (Logistics For Manufacturing SMEs) will spark incremental (productivity increase of new users by a factor of 4 and system setup time reduction by a factor of 10) and disruptive innovation (batch size one & consumerization) for over 100,000 European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps, building on their intra-factory logistics challenge (50% of the production cost of an item) unleashing their digitalization potential by powering new robot systems that are more cost effective at lower lot sizes.
L4MS relies upon:
• An open industrial IoT platform with enablers for rapid and efficient deployment of customized logistics solutions.
• A suite of ""Smartization services"" including business modelling, technical support, mentoring, access to skills and to finance.
• The L4MS Marketplace, a one-stop-shop, where European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps will access the L4MS services.
• A portfolio of 23 cross-border Application Experiments by 50 SMEs selected through 2 competitive Open Calls, that will test more than 40 services & apps leveraging 10M€ of public funding across 12 established and emerging Digital Innovation Hubs.
• A growing ecosystem that will foster Smart Specialization in each single region linked to L4MS.
L4MS will transform a pan-European ecosystem into a self-sustainable start-up operating an Open Platform for Innovations in Logistics (OPIL) and L4MS marketplace consisting of 21 members. Comprising 6 Competence Centres, 5 technology providers, 4 industry associations, 3 end-users and 3 business developers -currently engaged in I4MS (XS2I4MS, HORSE and BEinCPPS) and FIWARE- plus 6 Satellites Nodes. L4MS covers 14 EU countries, 15 regions with 8 of them from East Europe.
L4MS will help demonstrate that public funded research with a “Smartization” approach (accelerating Industry 4.0) can help manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through logistics automation become “entrepreneurial states and digital industries”."
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/internet/internet of things
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/astronomy/planetary science/satellites
- /social sciences/sociology/industrial relations/automation
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics/productivity
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
09390 Madrigalejo Del Monte-burgos
5230 Odense M