Periodic Reporting for period 3 - INSUPanel (BUILDING THE GREEN WAY: WIDE TAKE-UP OF A VERSATILE, PROVEN, ENERGY AND COST EFFICIENT INSULATION TECHNOLOGY)
Reporting period: 2019-08-01 to 2020-01-31
1) Cost competitiveness: reducing drastically the building construction time and costs. Panels are prefabricated (onsite construction time is 73% reduced) and lightweight (low-density concrete); . Panels are placed directly with light cranes instead of scaffolding lowering construction works (50% less in labour) and minimising workplace risks (indoor workplace).
2) Energy efficiency: providing energy savings in buildings between 32% and 94% compared to current insulated walls and standard brick walls, respectively. INSUPanel is a 100% thermal bridge free technology of very low U-value.
3) Maximum comfort: with a tailor-made design also adapted to the design and aesthetical needs of each country (any building’s exterior) in both rural and urban areas. INSUPanel provides a layer of continuous insulation around the home, protecting it from moisture intrusion, air infiltration and any energy loss.
CONSTRUCCIONES ZORZANO has already demonstrated the easy compliance to Passivhaus by using INSUPanel in the construction of 10 buildings (250 flats) of excellent energy performance and 3 single-family houses executed under Passivhaus standards. Now, we wish to complete the market readiness path of INSUPanel building solution, for which the next objectives are:
- Adapt panel design for its automated production.
- Fabricate panel prototypes and validate their adapted design and specific constructive details.
- Define INSUPanel product documentation.
- Endorse the construction process using INSUPanel by building a 2-floor construction of 12m2 (pilot-house) and prove speed of execution works.
- Validate the production line.
- Align with EU regulations for construction products.
- Start IPR protection process of upgraded INSUPanel via patent.
- Engage marketing activities to promote INSUPanel.
- Optimisation and design of INSUPanel pilot plant production line.
- Composition optimization and test.
- Prototype panels improved design and manufacturing.
- Test and certification of prototypes.
- Study of new external finishes and textures.
- Issue of passivhaus certificate for the INSUpanel building solution.
- Completion of INSUPanel pilot plant production line.
- Last improvements in prototype panel design.
- Anchoring and panel assembly design and testing.
- First tests and results of INSUPANEL building solution in a real environment.
- INSUPANEL BIM modelling completed.
- Certification of the building solution completed
- PassivHaus certifications of buildings constructed with INSUPANEL.
Commercial and dissemination work performed so far:
- Implement new commercial and dissemination actions with different stakeholders.
- Participation in fairs and sectorial events: 9th CEPH, Spanish Conference of PassivHaus (NOV 17), 22nd International PassivHaus Conference (March 18), ediFica Passivhaus Fair 2018 (June 18), CONSTRUTEC 2018, International Trade Show for Construction Material & Building Solutions Exhibition (Nov 18), ECOMONDO 2018 (Nov 18), 10h CEPH, 10th Spanish Conference of PassivHaus (NOV 18), 11h CEPH, 11th Spanish Conference of PassivHaus (NOV 19),
The results obtained so far are in line with the the project schedule, all the test done and first results are very promising.
According to this, we will be able to offer to our customer and final end-users an innovative building solution with a look to the green future / environment.