"Founded in Parma, (Italy) in 1974, OPEM S.p.A. is a leader in the design and manufacture ofnbsp; filling and sealing machines for capsules, such as are used for coffee, tea and other beverages, delivering customised production lines to suit the needs of our customers. OPEM has always been committed to ongoing research into innovative solutions for improving the performance and quality of the company’s packaging systems, winning a reputation for products with high efficiency, excellent reliability, easy maintenance and long lifespan.
From customers’ feedback and industry trends, we have conceived of an innovative system to produce double compartment capsules, integrating the wet and dry filling operations into a single stage. This is looking ahead to directly address producers#39; demand for new product possibilities. More compact and energy efficient, this is one part of a project to produce a highly adaptable capsule filling machine, designed for lower energy consumption, and to use a variety of materials, including new generation bio-polymer plastics. Our WEYCAP project aims to optimise and revolutionise the capsule filling and packaging industry. We benefit from several key elements that distinguish our machine from others: More complex filling operations via a combined filling unit, leading to new product opportunities, such as wet/dry filling; Adaptability to new capsule shape; Double compartment capsule filling; Lower running costs derived by lower energy and nitrogen consumption;
Lower environmental impact as the machine is bio-compostable capsule compatible.
Our project, WEYCAP, will lead to long-term profitability for both customers and our company, providing a significantly lower running costs, and generating €11.5m of accumulated profit by 2022."
Field of science
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/inorganic chemistry/inorganic compounds
- /engineering and technology/other engineering and technologies/food and beverages
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call