Restarter aims to develop and implement at European level an innovative business model of second hand clothes commercial sales and hybrid public/private supply social service, based on a sustainable production and distribution process.
Restarter represents an important innovative initiative with the ultimate goal to be a proactive contributor towards a circular economy system in which products, components and materials are kept at their highest utility and value at all times of the consumption process, extending their life and thus reducing waste and pollution. The project is implemented along the following objectives:
• Implement a novel collection and sanitization production process, through a supply chain fully traceable for both the donors and the users (i.e. the customers & people in need) via a dedicated ICT platform;
• Launch a distribution sales network of second hand clothes, marketed under the Restarter brand;
• Initiate a social public/private service able to provide second hand clothes and to involves people in need in a rehabilitation inclusive programme;
• Generate nearly 5M€ revenue and 1M€ profit within 3 years from project’s completion, hiring additional 25 employees mainly selected from people in need and individuals with disabilities.
The proposed activities include risk assessment, market study, user involvement, commercial partner search, feasibility of concept, plant design.
Restarter addresses 3 concurrent users’ needs: increasing worldwide demand of consumers of second hand clothes, social-humanitarian requirements driven by the people in need and by the population from less developed countries, environmental challenge due to the world industrialization, combined with the growing buying process. The main economic benefit of the proposed project is a competitive price due to an optimized supply chain having an internal front-end process and a cleaner distribution network, resulting in a lower mark-up towards the end user.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesenvironmental sciencespollution
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economics
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness model
- social sciencessociologysocial issues
- social sciencessociologygovernancepublic services
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinephysiotherapy
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringtextiles
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call