Greinon Engineering AB aims to develop and commercialize an innovative, universal, multi-application Smart City Control
System (SCCS) to be integrated with existing urban infrastructure. Smart outdoor lighting has been chosen as the primary
application for SCCS capable of reducing energy consumption and cutting operational costs of the city lighting infrastructure,
as well as optimize mobility, safety and well-being.
SCCS comprises a modular wireless controller with embedded software, Graphical User Interface and a tailored software
package with a Machine Learning algorithm, which will enable up to 85% reduction in energy consumption and significant
maintenance savings for owners and/or operators of outdoor lighting infrastructure, improve relevant investment payback to
3 years and promote smart and sustainable urban management overall.
The smart cities market size is estimated to reach EUR 673 billion in 2020, providing Greinon with a tremendous growth
opportunity within the smart lighting control systems niche. Moreover, the company will address a range of important defies,
incl. energy waste and climate destruction, increasing lighting costs and light pollution.
The objective of the feasibility study is to improve the business plan including analysis and conclusion of: distribution and
supply channels, technology risk reduction, IP strategy and preparation of demonstrations in the innovation project. Greinon
will execute the project in cooperation with strategic 3rd parties and other stakeholders capable to provide technical and
Fields of science
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringurban engineeringsmart cities
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- natural sciencesbiological scienceszoology
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorssmart sensors
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learning
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy Main Programme
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposalSee other projects for this call