The TRIWIND project is the result of a project initiated by Berenguer Ingenieros one year ago, which has resulted in a patented technology (application number: P201631043) for the cost-efficient installation of offshore wind farms. Following the R&D stage already accomplished and the patent application, the ultimate goal we seek in the project is to complete the prototyping stage and testing studies to reach its commercial appetite and value for leading companies of the wind energy sector such as Siemens and MHI Vestas, which account for more than 80% of the wind turbine manufacturers market share only in Europe.
This is an innovative foundation solution for offshore wind turbines that directly impacts on (1) production costs reducing on circa 30%; (2) on transportation (self-buoyant) and installation (self-installed) with a combined costs savings of 86.5% and operational average time reduction from 12-20h to 3h and; (3) it also affects on the decommissioning phase by 50% reduction. All these costs savings represent circa 16.7% of the total costs of an offshore wind turbine life-cycle. Other crucial aspects are related to structure’s duration extension and less maintenance requirements, technical and operational easiness in all previous phases along with health and safety improvements.
For this phase 1, we will perform a feasibility study including: (1) technical feasibility, 2) operational/financial feasibility and 3) commercial feasibility.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/windpower
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call