The project proposes to organize the exchange of staff of three Academic institutions from Serbia (coordinator), Turkey and Finland, two SMEs from France and Turkey and three TC institutions (two from USA and one from Costa Rica) towards the production of an innovative automated multifunctional device for diagnostics of neurodegenerative diseases.
The objectives addressed will be:
• Development of experimental cellular models and procedures with immunoglobulins (IgGs) from patient sera as diagnostic and prognostic technologies related to neurodegenerative diseases (particularly based on studies of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - ALS).
• Defining mark-up characteristics of the standardized in vitro approach for personalized diagnostic protocols.
• Design of a small-scale platform based on automated fluorescence microscopy.
These objectives are based on previous studies on ALS of the coordinators group, however the project also proposes to study the applications on other neuroinflammations and neurodegenerative conditions. This addresses a relevant R & I as well as a socioeconomic medical issue. It is the right timing for addresing this research chalange towards application by means of networking that will deal with interesectorial and international exchange of expertise. In addition, three workshops and two training schools will be organized followed by an elaborate dissemination programme. Carrier plans will be designed for the seconded staff in order to maintain the sustainability of the Action.
Field of science
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/neurology/amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeMSCA-RISE - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)
1174 1200 San Jose