The DSISCALE project aims to support policy makers, funders and, most importantly, practitioners to scale digital social innovation (DSI) and collective awareness platforms (CAPs) in Europe and to make the most of the opportunities in using tools such as open data open hardware to address some of Europe’s biggest social challenges. Building on existing support initiatives such as www.digitalsocial.eu, it will do this by developing Europe wide innovation clusters focusing on collaboration and peer learning between funders, policy makers and practitioners on methods for scaling DSI, developing the DSI index for measuring the macro level system conditions for DSI and a series of ‘DSI futures’ which will explore future scenarios for DSI in Europe and map the emerging digital technologies that are enabling new forms of digital social innovation. Specifically DSISCALE will:
• Create and facilitate an online community hub for DSI in Europe by continuing the work of www.digitalsocial.eu;
• Develop an index for measuring capacity for DSI;
• Facilitate European DSI clusters that enable practitioners, policy makers and DSI to collaborate and share learning;
• Map current and emerging trends in DSI;
• Set Learning and Policy recommendations.
These key DSISCALE objectives will be achieved by bringing together resources and knowledge across different fields, technologies and disciplines, including ICT and social sciences, digital democracy the maker movement and innovation policy from across the national and european networks of Nesta, betterplace lab, Waag Society, WeMake, Barcelona Activa, ePaństwo and Fab Lab Barcelona| IAAC and that of the European Commission.
Field of science
- /social sciences/political science/government systems/democracy
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /social sciences/political science/political policy/civil society
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action