EVA VISION Ltd have developed a voice controlled eyewear based on Augmented Reality (AR) for visually impaired people that recognises objects, texts, signs and verbally describes what it sees. It also works together with Smart City solutions to give a seamless and safe indoor-outdoor navigation experience since the biggest challenge blind people have to face is mobility.
We have ideated EVA as a global product, able to cope with the expectations and requirements of customers from the European and international markets. EVA is addressed with the European Accessibility Act (EAA), since afford innovative solutions to improve the mobility of citizens with disabilities in order to ensure their equal social participation. In addition, our product will contribute to support the deployment of Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS), a milestone initiative of European Commission towards cooperative, connected and automated mobility.
EVA is a wireless, discreet, easy to use wearable technology that makes the invisible audible
The main objective of our EVA project is to commercialize our solution in the market of “Global Assistive Technologies for Visually Impairment”. Currently, there are an estimated 285 million people to be visually impaired worldwide. From these data 39 million are blind and 246 million have low vision and about more than 20 million are living in the European Union alone. During the commercialisation of our EVA technology we expect to sell more than 9,000 units in five years with a Return of the Investment (ROI) around 5. Initially our target clients will be visually impairment that include legal blindness, people with low vision and sigh loss cause by aging (elderly people) and municipalities and public transports that will allow the use of their installations and infrastructure.
Fields of science
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportnavigation systems
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportsustainable transportintelligent transport system
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportpublic transport
- agricultural sciencesanimal and dairy sciencepets
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringurban engineeringsmart city
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
- H2020-EU.3.4. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Smart, Green And Integrated Transport
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call