CARBOMART project is a sustainability comparison tool to create an online carbon trading platform, which allows the carbon credit buyers to evaluate the carbon emission reduction projects according to the social, environmental and economic sustainability criteria.
The CARBOMART proposes solutions for the Voluntary Emission Reduction Market, which is an incentive mechanism for disseminating the investments on climate friendly low carbon energy projects.
Therefore the outcome of this project will facilitate;
- Low-cost, low-carbon electricity supply
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas emissions due to energy consumption
- Increase in the forested lands (carbon storage)
in a sustainable wayby increasing the income of the renewable energy, energy efficiency and afforestation projects.
General objectives Green Consult and Finance (GCF) targets through CARBOMART are;
• Developing a reliable sustainability comparison tool for the voluntary emission reduction projects,
• Developing a measurable pricing methodology for the Voluntary Carbon Market
• Creating an accessible platform for both buyers and sellers
In line with these objectives the expected impacts are;
• Facilitating the transparency voluntary carbon market.
• Increase in the quality of voluntary emission reduction projects in terms of sustainability,
• Increase the investment made in carbon emission reduction projects so that decrease the emission reductions up to 5%, since the effects of the carbon credit income to the IRR of an green energy investment is around 5%.
The market volume is expected to be 4.1 billion USD by 2020. It is planned that the CARBOMART would be fully commercialized by 2019 and reach a sales income of 20 million Euros by 2023.
To ensure a successful entrance and fast penetration into the European markets, the outcomes of the Phase 1 studies will be wisely used in Phase 2, which will help in terms of the design, production and marketing procedures to be conducted in a right manner.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/fossil energy/gas
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/energy efficiency
- H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call