The automotive sector is in a moment of industrial revolution derived from the technological immersion in which it finds itself.
In this new era, the chassis takes a back seat, and the technology and infotainment systems of the automobile gain strength
as a means of optimizing the user experience.
SHERPA, the predictive personal assistant based on powerful artificial intelligence algorithms will make the experience in
your car unique, more enjoyable, safer and more productive.
SHERPA was founded in 2012 in Bilbao (Spain) by Xabi Uribe-Etxebarria, who after years of knowledge and ample
experience in the world of Virtual Personal Assistants (VPA) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) decided to start
SHERPA and build a team composed by highly qualified members, fundamentally engineers and Doctors in Artificial
In its short period of life, SHERPA app has become the Spanish-speaking leader in personal assistants hosting one of the
most powerful machine learning systems for predicting information, competing directly with those developed by tech giants
such as Google, Apple or Microsoft.
Furthermore, SHERPA has raised the largest round of seed funding (Series A round) of the year in 2016 in Spain (5.8 M €)
to develop vertical solutions such as SHERPA-CAR. This project aims to enter the global automotive infotainment market
(expected USD 37.62 billion by 2025), with a business of cumulative 29.7 M € EBITDA in five years and 240% CAGR.
Proof of its success is the distribution agreement with SAMSUNG in May 2015 to pre-install the latest version of the
SHERPA app on Samsung Galaxy S6 y S7 smartphones and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge handsets. Due to its remarkable
achievements, SHERPA has been recognized worldwide with international awards and has received great recognition from
high-tech figures such as former Apple’s co-founder, Steve Wozniak, and from leading technology advisory firms such as
Gartner, which has frequently included SHERPA in its special reports
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringautomotive engineeringautonomous vehicle
- humanitiesartsmodern and contemporary artfilm
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligence
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwaresoftware development
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencenatural language processing
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringautomation and control systemshome automation
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call