How European media sets the agenda
The public’s perception of European affairs is largely determined by media coverage. Many Europeans rely on signals from the media to form opinions on issues. The EU-funded MEDPOL project will analyse how issue visibility and media framing influences electoral behaviour in different countries (France, Italy, Portugal, and Spain) and social groups, ever since the signing of the Treaty of the European Union in Maastricht in 1992. The project will also analyse how these frames emerge and evolve over time. The findings will be of particular interest to journalists and policymakers.
Fields of science
- natural scienceschemical sciencesanalytical chemistryquantitative analysis
- social sciencesmedia and communicationsjournalism
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencenatural language processing
- social sciencespolitical sciences
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicspolitical economy