The ABC's of bird migration
Bird migration is shaped by the search for food as well as geography and weather conditions. The EU-funded Migration Radar project aims to use weather radars and a small-scale biological radar to collect data on bird and insect migration. The purpose is to describe the relation of weather conditions, topography and insect movement to bird migration. It will also examine the impact of winds on the flight behaviour of both birds and insects and describe the night flight migration process from beginning to end.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesbiological scienceszoologyornithology
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesastronomyplanetary sciencesplanetary geology
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationsradio technologyradar
- natural sciencesbiological scienceszoologyentomology
- social sciencessociologydemographyhuman migrations