MUST is a project application of members of the Network of Excellence in multifunctional microsystems (NEXUS).
In accordance with, and as a complement to the work plan of NEXUS, the MUST project:
- improves the information on MST development,
- helps European companies, particularly SME's, to take advantage of the opportunities presented,
- helps the CEC plan and target its future support of Micro System Technology (MST) development and exploitation.
The principal aims of MUST are:
- gathering and cohesion of information on the present sate of MST technology and markets throughout Europe,
- dissemination of this information of technology providers and users, particularly SME's,
- synergising national and European programmes in MST,
- identifying topics and tasks where European collaboration can enhance or complement existing national initiatives,
- assistance for policy-makers in supporting MST, through information and strategic assessment,
- building links between designers, manufacturers and users of MST,
- updating and broadening of the road map produced by NEXUS on MST prospects for European industry,
- identifying paths for international cooperation beyond community boundaries.
MUST has the specific aim of spreading information to all those in European Industry developing MUST products for the markets.
Specific tasks in this project include a complete survey of MST in Europe, production of an MST newsletter, organisation of strategy workshops for policy makers in MST, and information dissemination and advisory exercises aimed specifically at SME's.