The O'TAU project aims to explore the potential of exploiting the re-usable macro core (RMC) methodology and technology to produce the first efficient and low cost fully European 32-bit microcontroller and associated development tools for automotive applications.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- Identify and specify the macrocells to embed into the O'TAU microcontroller. This will be done after studying the requirement of the next generation of automotive applications.
- Design and test the macrocells, which will be added to the TRMC library. All the architectural choices will be oriented towards cost minimisation
- Manufacture and test the O'TAU microcontroller chip.
- Produce development tools for easing the O'TAU micro-controller application development. These tools will include an O'TAU development system (both hardware and software).
- Produce an automotive application including an O'TAU-based breadboard.
BS12 4SQ Almondsbury