Periodic Reporting for period 1 - IN2SMART2 (Intelligent Innovative Smart Maintenance of Assets by integRated Technologies 2)
Reporting period: 2019-12-01 to 2020-12-31
The Intelligent Asset Management pillar within S2R is made up of three interlinked Technology Demonstrators (TDs):
• TD3.7 Railway Information Measuring and Monitoring System (RIMMS) focuses on asset status data collection (measuring and monitoring), processing and data aggregation producing data and information on the status of assets;
• TD3.6 Dynamic Railway Information Management System (DRIMS) focuses on interfaces with external systems; maintenance-related data management and data mining and data analytics; asset degradation modelling covering both degradation modelling driven by data and domain knowledge and the enhancement of existing models using data/new insights;
• TD3.8 Intelligent Asset Management Strategies (IAMS) concentrates on decision making (based also but not only on TD3.6 input); validation and implementation of degradation models based on the combination of traditional and data driven degradation models and embedding them in the operational maintenance process based upon domain knowledge; system modelling; strategies and human decision support; automated execution of work.
Starting from the objectives defined for and the results achieved in the IN2SMART project, IN2SMART2 is aimed at implementing specific vertical demonstrators throughout the UCs implemented in its WPs, as hereafter listed:
WP4/5 – Urban Metro System IAMS: design and deployment
WP6 – Digital twin for smart asset management
WP7 – Anomaly detection for rail fastener systems
WP8/9 – RCM maintenance reduction interventions and decisions: design and deployment and in-field Validation
WP10 – SMART Maintenance for Infrastructure
WP11 – Integrated Asset Management for Civils
WP12 – Operational Asset Management in a Dutch environment
WP13 – LEAN Equipment
WP14 – Intelligent track geometry maintenance decision support
WP15 – Strategical and tactical track asset management for the North Line in Portugal & New Tram Depot Design with smart IAMS approach.
The final goal to reach an holistic IAMS vision to guarantee coherence and uniformity to the IN2SMART2 TRL6/7 demonstrators implemented at WP level (from 4 to 15) and to validate them is fulfilled with the so called Integrated Technical Demonstrator (ITD).
The ITD is aimed at showing integration between the different individual demonstrators developed in those WPs participating in WP3 Task 3.4: namely, WP4/5, WP7, WP10, WP12, and WP14.
At the end the objective of the ITD is twofold:
1. To demonstrate, by integrating data using CDM from 5 different individual demonstrators at the WP level, that it is possible to share on a common standardized platform assets’ data distributed over wide range of information systems and differing standards. The advantage of this approach is that it does not depend on the implementation solutions.
2. To highlight the importance of digitalisation by showing that, on the basis of data purely collected for asset management purposes, it is possible to derive key information (KPIs) to be exploited by other railway services (e.g. TMS) and stakeholders (e.g. railway undertakings). So, the final goal is to disseminate the message that digitalisation (and the consequent Digital Twin) shall be tackled from a holistic point of view by the involved stakeholders.
Reflecting some reprogramming and corrective actions implemented, especially in WP4/5 also from a design point of view (still in the same DoA path), an amendment was prepared and agreed with the JU, and finally positively assessed by the assessment of the PO.