Periodic Reporting for period 1 - INDEXAR (DEVELOPING A SCALABLE MOBILE AR BROWSER)
Reporting period: 2020-01-01 to 2020-09-30
Thruough this project, we are going to make the technology accessible especially to SMEs, that couldn’t afford it before.
Especially now, in the current socio-economical conditions of the Covid19 pandemic, SMEs can use all the advantages they can get to reach their clients and indexAR is just the tool they need.
Through indexAR companies can bring their products and services into their customer lives by using Augmented Reality. All this is going to be possible at better costs in a matter of minutes through our SaaS solution.
Digital Transformation is no longer a trend, it’s a necessity. Our solution can lead to performance increases in the areas of Sales, HR and Marketing. It takes 5 minutes to create and deliver an AR experience through indexAR, instead of 5 months through the classic solution of building your own app.
It's like YouTube, but for delivering AR 3D content instead of videos.
By using indexAR in their Sales, HR and Marketing activities, especially now, with all these restrictions in place, companies will be able to:
• Lower the costs associated with the sale process (face to face visits, travel costs, presentation materials);
• Improves customer experience (deliver a 3D digital version of their products and services in front of their customers, wherever they are);
• Orchestrate relevant customer journeys to re-engage customers and nurture leads;
• Reach more customers, wherever they are, by bringing their products and services in front of them through AR (no need for showrooms or exhibition events);
• Customers can get access to their entire product portfolio 24/7, not only to a few of the products exhibited in the showroom;
• Bring their products to life with virtual 3D demos;
• Lower costs and time needed to onboard new team members and increase staff efficiency by improving their training material through immersive visual content in AR
We aim at becoming the leading solution for creating fast and cost effective AR experiences. Weempower the European SME sector, to be a key driver in making immersive AR experiences a daily common accessible experience for the masses.
During these nine months, not only we have done our research on what should be our next steps, we also have developed and implemented some of the features and improvements that are part of this technical report.
The best way for us to validate our next steps in product development and UX/UI interface and asses the necessary resources to create a mature product is to build some of the features and watch them perform in real life conditions, with paying customers.
During this period, our focus was on research, on the areas presented below:
• Hosting optimisation
• 3D File management issues will be resolved if we implement
• Platform stabilisation
• Mobile application – improving the UX/UI design
• Implementation of new technologies
• Implementing new hardware devices and technologies (HoloLens 2 and LiDAR).
• Assessment of expertise needed
We have reviewed 36 companies that we considered competitors to a certain degree. Some of them have developed solutions that are very similar to ours some of them not so much. But all of these companies address the same market we are.
In reviewing them we had the following criteria: B2B vs. B2C solution, white label vs. SaaS, portfolio, sale strategy, addressed industries, product, technologies, features, similarities and differentiators.
We have also refined our business development strategy and our sales policy based on the sales channels we are currently developing.
Regarding the Microsoft IP Co-Sell Ready channel we started working with a success manager based in UK, that helps us with the introductions to companies from Real Estate, Industry, Automotive and Healthcare from Germany, France and UK.
The coaching sessions provided to us through this H2020 grant, was also very valuable.
During those sessions we’ve worked on understanding how our offer is perceived by the market and how we should position ourselves.
Our Go-To Market strategy relies on direct sales and resellers (Advertising Agencies, Microsoft IP Co-Sell Ready, Microsoft Sales Team).
Regarding direct sales, as we have mentioned in our “Mitigating action plan” we are going to open offices in some of the EU western countries. Most likely in the Netherlands, Germany, France and maybe UK.
Our projections cover a time span of 5 years and they reflect our business development strategy and technical development strategy, that are part of the business plan.
Due to the fact that in the first two years the amount of capital needed to cover the costs of development vs. the revenue we are able to generate we will have to secure additional funding.
One of our primary sources of funding that we are considering is Horizon 2020 Phase 2. However, we consider that we need to prove that we are able to make good use of the results of this Feasibility Study, take action upon the technical development issues and business development steps that we have drafted. This is why before applying for the Horizon 2020 Phase 2 grant we are looking to raise a round of investment from Business Angels Europe.
indexAR can be used to :
Guide and collaborate with customers remotely
• Orchestrate relevant customer journeys to re-engage customers and nurture leads (Marketing, Sales).
• Reach more customers, wherever they are, by bringing your products and services in front of them through Augmented Reality (AR). (no need for showrooms or exhibition events).
• Customers can get access to your entire product portfolio, not only a few of the products you get to exhibit in you showroom.
• Make it easy for buyers to have access to your products and services 24/7.
• Bring your products to life with virtual 3D demos (Product Visualise).
Optimise sales and marketing processes to reduce costs
• Lower the costs associated with the sale process (face to face visits, travel costs, presentation materials).
• Improves customer experience (deliver a 3D digital version of your products and services in front of your customers, wherever they are).
• Be memorable trough the immersive experience you provide to customers.
• Take your brand to your customers wherever they are.
• Create a 3D virtual environment that acts like an exhibition space.
Help employees adapt to rapidly changing environment
• Improve your training material through immersive visual content in AR