Periodic Reporting for period 1 - SYN AIR (Synergies between transport modes and Air transportation)
Reporting period: 2020-11-01 to 2021-10-31
• Participatory approach: To understand the Stakeholders’ needs and validate our solutions.
• Technology approach: Defining how data will flow among TSPs, considering a user-centric approach validated with the help of Stakeholders.
SYN+AIR is generating multiple customer journeys across the entire multimodal chain to analyse how those journeys can be facilitated through improved planning and operations activities powered by data sharing; following the Air Traffic Flow and Capacity Management (ATFCM) phases: strategic, pre-tactical, and tactical planning. For the analysis, air travelling is placed in the epicentre; all multimodal chains consider the usage of air travelling.
Because of this work, SYN+AIR will generate a “Smart Contracts Framework” based on a Business Process Model. Smart Contracts are agreements among TSPs that define data sharing criteria (scope, parties’ obligations, contract’s time span and fulfilment criteria). TSPs can use the agreements for structuring a collaboration scheme with another TSP either strategically or tactically. Data generated by Travel companion apps will also be analysed in the context of enriching the Smart Contracts Framework. This will allow TSPs to improve their activities and execute informed decisions.
To this end, SYN+AIR has to fulfill the following objectives to be able to generate the Smart Contract Framework.
• Determine the willingness of TSPs to collaborate and share data by examining and determining (planning and operational) goals shared by TSPs
• Execute impact assessment of data sharing to determine the type of usable data by TSPs at each phase (strategic and tactical/operational) based on achieving the goals determined in the previous objective.
• Explore the idea of creating a Smart Contracts framework for use between TSPs with the goal to guarantee a seamless door-to-door journey.
• Explore the impact of data collection from Travel Companions apps for enriching the data of TSPs in strategic, pre-tactical and tactical phases allowing for informed decision making during the creation and execution of Smart Contracts and for improving the recommendations provided to the users through the Travel Companion apps
• We created 33 tentative customer journeys and more than 100 tentative questions related to them. This tentative customer journeys represent the choices and the trade-offs of the different personas based on the bases analysis scenarios. To validate them, we executed a stated preference survey in more than 4 EU Countries (Greece, Serbia, Italy, Spain, and Other EU Countries) and we collected 2200 valid answers We have examined and analyzed the survey results leading to 23 validated customer
• By conducting a literature review and by finding best-practices and pitfalls of collaboration, we had delineated the willingness of TSPs to collaborate. We have identified the motives, hindrances and opportunities and then validate them and/or enriched them with 10 deep interviews of TSPs and transportation experts.
• We have conducted literature reviews to identify the TSPs and other stakeholders that are involved in the data sharing process in air transportation, PT (Public Transport, Transit), MaaS (Mobility-as-a-Service) and DRT (Demand Responsive Transport), rail and maritime transport and therefore be able to determine the data sets that can be shared between different TSPs.
• We have identified, analyzed and clustered travel companion apps and web apps to be able to determine their impact in data sharing and see how the SCF can benefit or can be integrated in them.
The main initial outcomes from the research conducted are that TSPs are willing to collaborate but with certain guarantees and reassurances. These are focused on the managing of personal data and benefits sharing of a common service.
SYN+AIR is not directly impacting society but aims to have a positive impact on seamless transport and promote single ticketing and coordinated transport. Hence, a traveler and a citizen with the implementation of the Smart Contact Framework could gain the benefits such as of being able to book a single ticket and make a 4h trip changing different modes and do not have to worry about missing his connection or having to demonstrate his id in every leg of his trip. As said SYN+AIR is focus on facilitating the collaboration between TSPs, with an overall goal of allowing them to enhance seamless transport and improve passengers experience using the Smart Contracts Framework.