The objectives of the project are to validate and improve the CAD-LIB approach; stimulate the practical use of this approach through developing a complete set of pre-industrial tools; contribute to the final standardisation work through the demonstration of the concepts; and prepare pre-normative specifications as input to European and international standardisation.
The portability of parts libraries is a major economic concern for CAD system users, component manufacturers and for CAD system vendors. To allow such portability, a whole set of concepts, known as the CAD-LIB approach, has been developed in Europe. This set of concepts is based on the experiences gained using proprietary solutions and national standards that fulfilled only portions of the end-user's needs. These concepts constitute the agreed basis of the European and international standardisation work (CEN/TC310-pr ENV 40004 and ISO/TC184/SC4-ISO 13584).
The project aims to strengthen the position of European industry in the parts library market will be strengthened through:
- the development of three pre-competitive library management systems which support the new capabilities resulting from the CAD-LIB approach and the migration from previous proprietary or standardised systems
- the development of a complete description of the components of a part supplier
- the development of know-how about the CAD-LIB approach among the project partners
As a result of the project it will be possible to demonstrate:
- the interactive generation of a parts library
- the exchange and automatic integration of this library by three library management systems related to different CAD systems
- the benefits for the user of such systems resulting from the CAD-LIB approach.
Exploitation of the project results will be through:
- marketing of commercial library management systems and parts library generation tools, based on the new approach
- generation and integration of standards in this field.
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeData not available
91961 Les Ulis