This H2020 funded Coordination and Support Action (“Action”) is intended to assist a select number of emerging economies to implement actions to fulfil global clean energy and climate targets, in line with the Paris agreement. Built on a foundation of fact-based insights and tangible recommendations, the Action’s objective is to guide policy makers on how to push ahead in sector reforms, attract investments, foster innovation and ultimately enable a clean energy transition in selected emerging economies.
In addition to this focus on policy makers, the Action is also intended to support policy implementing stakeholders such as regulators, system operators, local authorities and developers. A broader audience will also benefit directly and indirectly from certain data and other deliverables produced and made publicly available under the Action.
The Action is intended to focus on a number of specific regions and topics, with a particular focus on major emerging economies (such as China, Indonesia, Brazil and India). Throughout this proposal these countries are referred to as “priority countries”.
The intended specific objectives of the Action are to:
• create more effective knowledge and information sharing and create capacity to enable stronger policy action and alignment of investment flows, including via country-specific reviews of policies, supported by scenario modelling where relevant;
• strengthen international energy and climate plans in a way that complements existing initiatives, support multilateral efforts to facilitate and enable National Determined Contribution (NDC) implementation, increase collaboration between experts across priority countries and share relevant global expertise;
• encourage innovation for the promotion of clean energy technologies and related investments; and
• enhance and build upon an existing analytically rigorous evidence base for policy action, via statistics, indicators, and improved capabilities for data analysis.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data analysis
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call