The goal of the 2-3SST2018-20 project is to enhance and evolve the EUSST system in line with the Decision nº 541/2014/EU. Three main objectives have been set for the scope and duration of the activity:
1. Foster European Cooperation in the SST domain: at this respect, the Joint Project Management Team, started in the 1SST2018-20, will be continued and further evolved; special focus will be devoted to Risk Management and KPIs for improving the performance monitoring. A closer supervision of the fulfillment of the schedule and financial commitments, with improved quarterly flash reports, will be carried out. Additionally, technical evolutions will raise cooperation among participants, for example by means of the development of a SW prototype for a coordinated scheduler of sensors and the analysis for the evolution of the EUSST catalogue precursor.
2. Improve the EUSST performance towards larger autonomy: the developments needed for the evolution of the sensor, service and processing functions will be defined for its further deployment into the operational layer. Alignment of the activities under 1SST2018-20 and 2-3SST2018-20 will be ensured by the EUSST Governance, in line with the architecture studies and the users’ needs. Special efforts will be done in the domain of the EUSST Database, the EUSST catalogue precursor, architecture studies and the interaction with stakeholders and users.
3. Pave the way for the evolution of the European SST to respond to new challenges in Space: last, but not least, sensors with high added value to the EUSST system, as identified in the Architecture trade-off will be upgraded. Moreover, studies with sounded technical content will be carried out in all the domains (sensors, data processing and services) to ensure the EUSST is prepared for the new challenges in space
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/data processing
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/sensors
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSGA-RIA - SGA-RIA
SN2 1SZ Swindon