The objectives of this working group are to,
- To increase quality perception in European enterprises, particularly SMEs and increase implementation by the use of quality tools and IT.
- Identification of results and technological innovations of the 5 ongoing ESPRIT and one EUREKA Quality and IT projects for sharing experiences, results and exploitation opportunities.
- Identification of technological innovation and opportunities from the ongoing quality projects and activities in European R&D, national and regional initiatives.
- To support the Commission in defining and in implementing its quality policy by identifying and assimilating EC activities and by providing concrete regional and SME feedback on quality practices and quality acceptance.
- To develop a European Quality Contacts Database which will contain the details of good contacts who have expressed an interest in Quality and IT.
The activities involve,
- Workshops for Quality and IT projects for cross fertilisation of results and opportunities.
- Co-ordination and participation of the Quality and IT section at the European Organisation for Quality (EOQ) Conference and Exhibition, Lausanne, June 1995.
- Coordination ad participation of the Quality R&D section at the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Conference and Exhibition, Berlin, September 1995.
- Presentation to the CIM Europe 1995 conference.
- Publication of quality awareness information to selected SMEs throughout Europe
The impact :
- Stimulation of synergies between R&D projects to enhance the results.
- Identification of commercial opportunities for the exploitation of R&D results.
- Dissemination of R&D results on a European-wide scale.
- Information to SMEs on European R&D.
- Regional, National (incorporating EEA countries) and European awareness of EC Quality initiatives.
B7 4EJ Birmingham